The Best Rates For Shipping A Car In The US
Enter your starting & ending shipping destinations below for Free Quotes
Request Free Quotes
Maryland to California Car Shipping
Do you need a vehicle shipped from Maryland to California but aren’t familiar with how the auto shipping process works or where to begin? Don't waste any more of your valuable time searching website after website. We have your solution. No matter what your situation we are associated with carriers that can accommodate any type of service you need. Open or enclosed transports, expedited deliveries, door to door pickup and delivery, and custom solutions. Our goal is to help you get the lowest possible rate from our trusted auto shippers. Just fill out our form and click on submit or give us a call at 1-866-446-9143 and you will receive 10 quotes from some of the best vehicle haulers in this industry. We verify the credentials of every carrier that we are affiliated with. They are all licensed, bonded and insured as required by the US Department of Transportation and you can be assured that all our associated carriers have safe driving records and can safely deliver your vehicle on time. At this moment our associates have many car haulers in Maryland including North Bethesda, Gaithersburg, Waldorf, Columbia, Rockville, Silver Spring, Ellicott City, and Bowie to deliver to California. Following are some of the auto transport deliveries that were recently completed.
- 2014 Subaru Legacy, Frederick, MD to Modesto, CA
- 2019 Porsche Cayenne, Ellicott City, MD to Oakland, CA
- 2009 Hummer H2, North Bethesda, MD to Irvine, CA
- 2008 Lexus IS, Silver Spring, MD to Riverside, CA
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid, Gaithersburg, MD to San Jose, CA
- 2012 Volvo S60, Wheaton, MD to Sacramento, CA
- 2018 Tesla Model X, Waldorf, MD to Stockton, CA
- 2015 Toyota Prius, Baltimore, MD to San Bernardino, CA
- 2011 Mazda 6, Bethesda, MD to Los Angeles, CA
- 2014 Cadillac SRX, Aspen Hill, MD to Chula Vista, CA
- 2018 Dodge Durango, Dundalk, MD to Fresno, CA
- 2017 Buick Envision, Columbia, MD to Bakersfield, CA
- 2013 Toyota Avalon, Bowie, MD to San Diego, CA
- 1991 Buick Roadmaster, Germantown, MD to Santa Ana, CA
Maryland to California Car Transport Rates
There are some decisions you will make that will help to determine the cost of your Maryland to California auto shipping. Opting for open rather than enclosed transport can save you a lot of money. Car depots and freight terminals can be used as a drop-off and pick-up locations instead of door-to-door and this can save money on your car shipping rate. Some other considerations that will determine your rate are the body type, such as a convertible, sports coupe, roadster car, hatchback, crossover, full-size car, mid-size car, lower rider, and king cab pickup, size, and weight of your vehicle. Non-standard additions to your vehicle that increase its length, width, or height may affect your rate, it is useful to know the actual dimensions of your vehicle to get accurate quotes. Following are some accessories that may change your quoted shipping rate.
- Rear bumper guards
- Side steps
- Nerf bars
- Roof rack
- 4 wheel drive
- Front bumper guards
- Running boards
- Oversized tires
- Trailer hitch
Most carrier drivers will refuse to load a non-operational vehicle that was not previously reported as such. Non-operational vehicles may be shipped but they require significantly more time for schedule, planning, and extra labor for loading and unloading. Increases and decreases in fuel costs are determining factors for rates. Rates also change seasonally, with July and August being the busiest months for car shipping, rates are at the highest of the year. Finally, when you pay your bill upon delivery you may be able to save some money by paying this with cash. Driver’s desire cash payments and may offer you a discount for paying COD. They normally accept credit and debit cards as well but if your intention is to pay by check you need to make arrangements with your auto transport carrier and have approval prior to your delivery date.
Quick Auto Transport Rates Guide
- Open or Enclosed - Major Impact
- Terminal to Terminal - Major Impact
- Vehicle Size - Moderate Impact
- Vehicle Accessories - Moderate Impact
- Dropoff Location - Minor Impact
- Pick-up Location - Minor Impact
- Season - Moderate Impact
- Fuel Cost - Moderate Impact
- Shipping Schedule - Moderate Impact
- Multiple Vehicles - Moderate Impact
- Door to Door - Major Impact
- Inoperable - Major Impact
Why Choose Us For Your Car Shipping
With so many carriers online, why choose us? We save you time, we save you money, and we alleviate all the frustration from your car shipping process. We provide everyone 10 Maryland to California auto transport quotes for your auto delivery. When you get your quotes from us our trusted associates know that they must compete for your business and thus offer the lowest rates possible.
We check and verify that each of our trusted partners that provide your quotes are fully licensed, bonded, and insured. You can verify this information for yourself by checking with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. The Better Business Bureau is another source of information about our partner companies. Get your 10 Maryland to California auto transport quotes right now by simply filling out and submitting our form or by calling us at 1-866-446-9143.
Get Started With Free Quotes
Planning for your auto transport in advance can help make the process trouble-free. You can save time by using us to get 10 Maryland to California auto transport quotes for your vehicle delivery. It will be beneficial to contact the individual shippers and compare their services after you have reviewed your quotes. After you have chosen a shipper be sure to carefully read all of their information and guidelines.
Have your oil, fluids, and tire pressure checked and make sure they are all at the proper levels, ensuring your vehicle is in good running condition helps the driver have a hassle-free transport which reduces delivery delays. If your vehicle will be going through cold or winter conditions make sure your antifreeze level is sufficient. If your vehicle should become disabled during the shipping process it would increase your rate. Make sure that you have and keep possession of a spare set of keys for your vehicle. This is a requirement from the Department of Transportation guidelines.
Make sure you remove any personal belongings from your vehicle as the carrier will not insure or be responsible for safeguarding any personal possessions. If your vehicle has any antennas that don’t auto retract, they should be removed, as well as any other non-standard removable items that stick out as an added precaution to prevent any possible damage when your vehicle is being loaded and unloaded. You will be carefully inspecting your vehicle with the driver who picks it up; washing and cleaning both the interior and exterior can make this inspection process simpler and faster. Again, be sure you remove any items that protrude from your vehicle and also fold in your exterior mirrors for added security. All alarms and or anti-theft systems should be disabled before the shipper takes custody of your car or truck, activated alarms can drain your battery and increase the labor time for your shipping driver. If your vehicle has any tricks or quirks that aren’t standard for operating your car or truck make sure you inform the driver, your vehicle might need to be swapped from one position to another on the car hauler depending on other drop-offs and pick-ups along the delivery route and they will need to know if there are any oddities in driving your car or truck.
Inclement weather conditions occasionally disrupt Maryland to California auto shipping schedules, creating delivery and pick-up time delays. Throughout the hurricane season, vehicle delivery schedules are sometimes delayed by heavy rainfall, winds and flooded roads in the Gulf area and southeastern states. Winter road conditions from inclement weather such as snow, ice, and blizzards occasional affect vehicle delivery schedules. Although weather-related delays are not likely to impact your vehicle shipping, flooding may impact scheduled times. Check for any possible weather-related delays in Maryland and California.
Shipping schedules can also be impacted by other road conditions that can affect pick-up and delivery times. The western states have been seeing dramatic increases in wildfires that sometimes close highways to traffic. Road construction and other unexpected traffic problems occasionally delay scheduled pick-up and delivery times. Check for any possible traffic-related delays for Maryland and California. Some residential neighborhoods do not allow commercial traffic or have low tree branches that could damage vehicles on the upper deck of a car hauler, the drivers will not pick-up or deliver from an area they determine is not safe. Also, small cul-de-sacs, narrow streets, low bridges, and mountain roads occasionally impact auto transport schedules by delaying pick-up or delivery times.
- One way streets
- Narrow streets
- Access hours
- Narrow Cul-de-sacs
- Low overpasses
- Low hanging tree branches
- Narrow bridges
- Road construction
- County road
- Dead end streets
- Extreme grades
- Low hanging phone cables
Student Auto Transport
Do you have a family member going off to college and departing home for the first time? Are you worried about them driving without enough sleep or covering too many miles without stopping to rest and eat? The vehicle could be delivered directly to the student’s dorm or to any convenient location of their choice rather than you worrying about their road trip to or from college. We know how much you care for their safety so why not save the worrying and get a professional carrier to pick-up and deliver their vehicle? We will get you 10 Maryland to California quotes for your student auto shipping, simply fill in our form and click on submit or give us a call at 1-866-446-9143 right now. See below for a list of our recent student auto transport fulfillments.
- 2008 Lexus IS, Ellicott City, MD to California State University, CA
- 2014 Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC, North Bethesda, MD to Chaffey College, CA
- 2018 Kia Stinger, Germantown, MD to San Jose State University, CA
- 2018 Chevrolet Cruze, Towson, MD to Bakersfield College, CA
- 2015 Peugeot 308SW, Dundalk, MD to San Diego State University, CA
- 1969 Chevrolet Corvair, Aspen Hill, MD to Palomar College, CA
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado, Rockville, MD to Ashford University, CA
- 2018 Tesla Model 3, Waldorf, MD to American River College, CA
- 1987 AMC Eagle, Columbia, MD to Chapman University, CA
- 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Silver Spring, MD to Pierce College, CA
- 2015 Volkswagon Jetta Sportwagon, Bethesda, MD to El Camino College, CA
- 2014 Hyundai Veloster, Baltimore, MD to California Maritime Academy, CA
- 2015 Hyundai Genesis, Bowie, MD to Santa Clara University, CA
- 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, Glen Burnie, MD to University of California, CA
Military Car Shipping
We thank you for your service, do you have a PCS coming up soon? We empathize with the demands upon you and your family and understand that a PCS can be stressful. Allow us to help by saving you money for your POV shipping. Many of our partner carriers offer discounts to members of the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. A lot of our affiliates also offer overseas POV shipping. Allow us to get you 10 free quotes and don’t forget to inquire about your military discount that most of our associates offer. Enter your information on our form and click on the submit button or call us at 1-866-446-9143 right now. See below for a list of our recent military auto transport deliveries.
- 2015 Chevrolet Sonic, Warfield Air National Guard Base, MD to USCGS Humboldt, CA
- 1998 Isuzu Trooper, VMR ANDREWS, JOINT BASE ANDREWS, MD to Miramar, CA
- 2006 Mitsubishi Montero, Navy Information Operations CMD, MD to Park Reserve Forces Training Area, CA
- 2017 Toyota Tundra, Fort George G. Mead, MD to Sharpe Facility, CA
- 2015 Mercedes SLK, US Naval Academy, MD to Naval Support Activity Monterey, CA
- 2016 GMC Terrain, National Naval Medical Center, MD to San Joaquin Depot, CA
- 2017 Infiniti Q70, HQSVC CO 4TH CBT ENGR BN, BALTIMORE, MD to 3d LSM Platoon Reserve, Concord, CA
- 2017 Volkswagen Touareg, Surface Forces Logistics, MD to Camp Haan, CA
- 2017 Toyota Tundra, 175th Wing ANG, MD to Los Angeles AFB, CA
- 2005 Buick Park Avenue, Fort Detrick, MD to Edwards AFB, CA
- 2019 Ford Taurus, Camp Fretterd Military Reservation, MD to Travis AFB, CA
- 2017 Hyundai Tucson, Joint Andrews AFB, MD to Camp Roberts ARNG, CA
- 2019 Nissan Leaf, ENGT SPT CO 4TH CBT ENGR BN, BALTIMORE, MD to Military Ocean Terminal Concord, CA
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Mark VIII, Naval Support Activity Annapolis, MD to Stockton's Rough and Ready Island, CA
Snowbird Car Shipping
The purchase of second homes and vacation properties so that people can enjoy a year-round temperate climate has been steadily rising. Prior to the ice and snow returns to the northeastern US each year the I-95 corridor sees a large increase in traffic as snowbirds leave the northeast from October until early December, heading to Florida properties and other southern US destinations. Snowbird migrations have also increased immensely in the western states as well, there are now many cities such as Scottsdale AZ, Santa Fe NM, and Palm Springs CA, where large changes in population occur twice per year. Each year the traffic from snowbird migration is heavier, the hotels keep raising rates, and gas gets costlier as the snowbird population keeps expanding. Get your 10 snowbird auto shipping quotes from us, we don’t charge you anything and you won’t be obligated to us in any way. A lot have snowbirds have discovered the solution, they have their vehicles delivered instead of dealing with the increased traffic, overpriced hotels, roadside diners, and gas prices, Get your 10 quotes now by filling in our form and clicking submit or give us a call at 1-866-446-9143, Our associated snowbird auto transport partners have routes, multiple times per week, from anywhere in the US you need a vehicle picked-up and delivered to.