The Best Rates For Shipping A Car In The US
Enter your starting & ending shipping destinations below for Free Quotes
Request Free Quotes
California to Virginia Car Shipping
Do you need a vehicle shipped from California to Virginia but aren't familiar with how car shipping works or where to begin? You won’t need to look further. You have found the right website. We have the solution your seeking. Whatever preferences you have, our affiliate carriers can accommodate whichever type of service you require to include: door to door delivery, open or enclosed transport, rush orders, and custom solutions to meet your specific needs. Our goal is to help you get the lowest possible rate from our trusted auto shippers. Just fill out our form and click on submit or give us a call at 1-866-446-9143 and you will receive 10 quotes from some of the best vehicle haulers in this industry. We check and verify the credentials of all our affiliated carriers. They are all fully insured, licensed and bonded as is required by the US Department of Transportation. We also check the safety records of our associates, so you know that you can trust them to safely deliver your vehicle in good condition and on time. Right now, our partner carriers have trucks standing by in California, including Stockton, Fremont, Santa Ana, San Diego, Fresno, and Modesto to deliver to Virginia. Listed below are some of our partners recent auto transport deliveries.
- 2018 Tesla Model X, San Bernardino, CA to Virginia Beach, VA
- 1986 Audi S4000, San Francisco, CA to Leesburg, VA
- 2003 Lexus SC, Stockton, CA to Alexandria, VA
- 2018 Subaru Impreza, Sacramento, CA to Roanoke, VA
- 2014 Subaru Legacy, Fremont, CA to Centreville, VA
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz C Class, San Diego, CA to Norfolk, VA
- 2016 Volvo XC60, Oakland, CA to Portsmouth, VA
- 2000 Chevrolet Impala, San Jose, CA to Arlington, VA
- 2015 Jeep Patriot, Los Angeles, CA to Lynchburg, VA
- 2015 Kia Optima, Chula Vista, CA to Dale City, VA
- 2017 Honda Civic Tourer, Fresno, CA to Suffolk, VA
- 2016 Maserati Quattroporte VI, Santa Ana, CA to Hampton, VA
- 2018 Mazda CX-5, Riverside, CA to Harrisonburg, VA
- 2011 Mazda RX-8, Long Beach, CA to Richmond, VA
California to Virginia Auto Shipping Rates
Decisions you make can greatly increase or decrease the cost of your California to Virginia auto transport rates. You can save a lot off your rate simply by choosing open rather than enclosed transport. Another way to save on your rate is by opting to drop off your vehicle at a freight terminal or car depot and pick it up from another freight terminal or car depot close to your delivery address instead of door-to-door delivery. The body type such as hatchback, crew cab truck, sports coupe, compact car, full-size car, and mid-size crossover, weight, and size of your vehicle will also affect your rate. Any modifications that increase the size of your vehicle may impact your rate, knowing the exact dimensions of your vehicle will help ensure that your quote is accurate. Below is a list of accessories that can impact your shipping rate.
- Grill guards
- Oversized antennas
- Extended side mirrors
- Rear bumper guards
- 4 wheel drive
- Trailer hitch
- Front bumper guards
- Camper trailers
- Running boards
If your vehicle is inoperable and you do not inform the shipper prior to the pick-up time the driver will likely refuse to take your vehicle. Vehicles that are not operable can be transported but they greatly increase the time and labor required for the driver to load and unload them which increases rates. Shipping rates fluctuate as fuel prices increase or decrease. Rates also fluctuate seasonally, summer is the high season in the car shipping business so the highest rates for delivery occur in July and August. You might be able to get a discount for paying COD, most drivers prefer COD payments, but carriers also typically accept debit and credit cards, however, if you intend to pay by check you should make arrangements with your auto shipping company beforehand for approval.
Quick Auto Transport Rates Guide
- Fuel Cost - Moderate Impact
- Door to Door - Major Impact
- Pick-up Location - Minor Impact
- Terminal to Terminal - Major Impact
- Vehicle Size - Moderate Impact
- Multiple Vehicles - Moderate Impact
- Dropoff Location - Minor Impact
- Shipping Schedule - Moderate Impact
- Season - Moderate Impact
- Vehicle Accessories - Moderate Impact
- Open or Enclosed - Major Impact
- Inoperable - Major Impact
Why Choose Us For Your Car Transport
There are many companies you can get your California to Virginia auto transport quotes from so why choose us? We save you time, we save you money, and we alleviate all the frustration from car shipping. Unlike many online price providers that get you a single rate, we get you 10 quotes from our associated drivers and carriers.
We check and verify that each of our trusted partners that provide your quotes are fully licensed, bonded, and insured. You can verify this information for yourself by checking with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. The Better Business Bureau is another source of information about our partner companies. Get your 10 California to Virginia auto shipping quotes right now by simply filling out and submitting our form or by calling us at 1-866-446-9143.
Get Started With A Free Quote
Planning ahead can make your auto transport process much easier. We can get you 10 California to Virginia auto shipping quotes from our database of reliable carriers and drivers. After reviewing your quotes, it is helpful to call the shippers and compare the services being offered. After you have decided which shipping company to hire be sure to carefully read all their guidelines and information.
By ensuring your vehicle is in good condition you are helping to prevent shipping delays. Have your oil and fluids checked and filled as needed and make sure your tires are inflated to the proper pressure level. If there are possible cold or winter conditions along your vehicles shipping route, make sure you check or have your antifreeze level checked. Vehicles that become disabled can impact schedules and also be charged higher rates. One of the Department of Transportation’s guidelines is the requirement that you keep a spare set of keys for your vehicle and keep them in your possession.
It is important for you to remove any personal items from your inside your car or truck as shipping companies will not be responsible for safeguarding them nor will they carry insurance for anything other than the vehicles they are transporting. To prevent any possible damage, as a precaution you should remove any non-standard items and also any non-retractable antennas that could possibly be damaged when your vehicle is being loaded and unloaded from the car hauler trailer. Your vehicle will be thoroughly inspected by you and the driver at the pick-up and delivery locations, you can make this process easier by having washed your car or truck and cleaned the interior. Exterior mirrors, when possible, should be folded in and also verify that you haven’t missed any other items that stick out from your car or truck. Assist your delivery driver by having any anti-theft or alarm systems disabled because if they become active your battery could be drained and create more time and work for the driver transporting your vehicle. Do not forget to inform the driver if your vehicle has any oddities or tricks that aren’t standard to start and or drive your car or truck because it is possible that your vehicle will need to be reloaded to different positions on the car hauler trailer to accommodate the other vehicles.
Inclement weather occasionally impacts California to Virginia auto transport schedules by delaying pick-up or delivery times. Delivery schedules are sometimes impacted, especially during hurricane season, in the southeastern states. Another type of weather delay is from flooding, but this seldom affects pick-up and delivery schedules. Check for any possible weather-related delays in California and Virginia.
Auto transport shipping schedules are sometimes affected by other types of road delays. The increased numbers of wildfires mainly in the western side of the US can also impact your vehicles pick-up and delivery time. Detours, road construction, and heavy traffic also can affect your scheduled pickup or delivery times. Check for any possible traffic-related delays for California and Virginia. If your pick up or delivery address is in a neighborhood with low hanging tree branches the carrier driver will not risk damaging the vehicles on the trailers upper deck and other arrangements such as meeting in an open parking area would be necessary. Some other road related conditions that can impact auto shipping schedules include the items listed below.
- Weight restricted bridges
- Low overpasses
- Narrow Cul-de-sacs
- Low hanging tree branches
- Access hours
- Narrow streets
- Extreme grades
- Railroad tracks
- Road construction
- Dead end streets
- County road
- Limited Access Avenues
California to Virginia Student Auto Shipping
We understand that having a student leave home for the first time can be stressful. Do you have concerns about them driving so far in areas they aren't familiar with? We know how much you care for their safety so why not save the worrying and get a student auto carrier to pick-up and deliver their vehicle? We know how much you care for their safety so why not get a professional carrier to pick-up and deliver their vehicle? Get your 10 California to Virginia student car shipping quotes right now, our affiliates regularly fulfill many student auto shipping requests, simply fill in our form and click submit or give us a call at 1-866-446-9143 today. See below for a list of our recent student auto transport deliveries.
- 2014 Chevrolet Volt, San Bernardino, CA to Virginia Commonwealth University, VA
- 2014 Subaru Legacy, Anaheim, CA to Norfolk State University, VA
- 2018 BMW 7-Series, San Francisco, CA to James Madison University, VA
- 2018 Ford Explorer, Los Angeles, CA to University of Virginia, VA
- 2019 Audi Q7, Modesto, CA to University of Mary Washington, VA
- 2009 Hummer H2, Fremont, CA to Virginia Commonwealth University, VA
- 2019 Mazda Mazda3, Bakersfield, CA to Christopher Newport University, VA
- 2016 Volvo XC60, Long Beach, CA to Radford University, VA
- 2003 Lexus SC, Oakland, CA to Eastern Virginia Medical School, VA
- 2019 Ford Mustang, Stockton, CA to Virginia State University, VA
California to Virginia Military Auto Transport
Are you looking for a carrier company to ship your POV for an upcoming PCS? Uprooting yourself and or your family due to a PCS can be stressful. We can help you get a rate for your POV auto transport. A lot of our partner shipping companies offer military discounts to members of the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. Many of our affiliates can also provide for overseas POV delivery. Let us get you 10 great quotes for you POV shipping and don’t forget to inquire about your military discount that most of our associated carriers offer. Fill in the information on our form and click the submit button or give us a call at 1-866-446-9143 right now. As listed below, see some of our recently completed military POV deliveries.
- 2015 Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Naval Base Point Loma, CA to Wallops Island ASCS, VA
- 2016 Hyundai Sonata, Stockton's Rough and Ready Island, CA to Quantico Military Reservation, VA
- 2017 Dodge Viper, NAF El Centro, CA to The Pentagon, VA
- 2017 Chevrolet Impala, Fort Irwin, CA to Fort Eustis, Joint, VA
- 2017 Chevrolet Equinox, NB Ventura County, CA to Quantico, VA
- 1986 Audi S4000, USCGS Humboldt, CA to Navigation Center, VA
- 2017 Cadillac CTS, Military Ocean Terminal Concord, CA to Telecom Systems Command, VA
- 2014 Ford Focus, Beale AFB, CA to National Pollution Funds Center, VA
- 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse, NAS Lemoore, CA to Training Support Center Hampton Roads, VA
- 2017 Chevrolet SS, Vandenberg AFB, CA to Henderson Hall, VA
- 2018 Subaru Impreza, Naval Medical Center San Diego, CA to NAS Oceana, VA
- 2005 GM Hummer H2, Camp Cooke, CA to NWS Yorktown, VA
- 2016 Volvo XC60, Sierra Army Depot, CA to Fort Myer, Joint, VA
- 2003 Lexus SC, Tracy Facility, CA to National Ground Intelligence Center, VA
Snowbird Car Shipping
A lot of people have been increasingly purchasing second homes, vacation properties, and condominiums for the purpose of being able to enjoy year-round temperate weather. The I-95 corridor sees a large increase in traffic from about October until mid-December each year, much of this traffic is from snowbirds leaving the northeastern states before the snow and ice set in for winter. These snowbird relocations have not been confined to the northeastern states, there are now many cities such as Scottsdale AZ, Santa Fe NM, and Palm Springs CA, where large changes in population occur twice per year. Gridlocked interstates, gas gouging, and rising hotel rates are typical each year as more people travel from the northern to southern states every year. Our associated carriers cater to snowbird auto shipping, get your 10 free quotes from us. Car delivery has become a popular solution for many seasonal snowbirds, they have their cars or trucks delivered by a shipping company to avoid increasing traffic, the overpriced hotels, and fuel costs. Enter your information on our form and click on the submit button for your 10 or call us at 1-866-446-9143 right now, our snowbird auto transport affiliates have regular routes, several times per week, from almost anyplace you might need a car picked-up and delivered to.